In this experiential learning workshop teams learn how to develop their own team building activity from scratch.
Have you ever thought about organizing a more challenging and meaningful team building event? One that really stuns your participants?
An event whereby teams have fun, can be creative but at the same time learn important methodologies such as prototyping, risk-taking, learning from mistakes, giving feed-back and teaching and facilitation skills?
Well, then it is worthwhile you take a look at this somewhat atypical full-day team building workshop.
In You're in charge, the facilitator first provides an introduction to the world of team building and what it takes to successfully run a team building workshop. Important elements such as learning objectives, planning, briefing and debriefing, are explained followed by participants forming teams.
Each team must select a team leader (facilitator) who will be facilitating the activity. Each team will assess the available equipment, the event venues and available spaces and then brainstorms their own activity (ideally without access to the internet).
Each team must clearly communicate their learning objectives, run their activity with the other teams (as participants) and conduct a debriefing, under the supervision of a Beunite coach who gives feed-back and provides mentorship.
You're in charge
- 08:30 - Introduction to team building.
- 09:00 - Competitive activities vs.. collaborative activities.
- 09:30 - How to set learning objectives, provide a briefing, and debriefing.
- 10:00 - Facilitation skills.
- 10:30 - Coffee break.
- 10:45 - Teams inspect venue, discuss available equipment and start planning their activity.
- 12:00 - Lunch.
- 13:00 - Each team presents and facilitates their own activity. Feed-back by Beunite coach.
- 15:00 - Coffee break.
- 16:30 - Debriefing.
- 17:00 - End of event.